How can I embed video content I found in SuperSearch in my Brightspace/D2L course?
For eBooks and Articles
Reading List is a new feature for D2L provided by KSU Library System through EBSCO. Faculty can search for and add library resources to their D2L course directly through their instructor interface. There is no need to locate a permalink! Follow the instructions HERE to get started.
KSU Libraries have a tremendous amount of content that you can use in Brightspace/D2L by embedding or linking to complete movies or segments. The process is similar for Films on Demand, video content found in SuperSearch, and YouTube content.
Step #1: Films on Demand/videos found in SuperSearch
1. Find the segment you want
2. Click on the segment title
3. Copy the embed code or link under the segment
Step #2: Brightspace Embedding Segments
1. Create space for your content (discussion, news item etc)
2. Use the "Insert Stuff" button.
3. Select the "Embed" option
4. Paste in the embed code from FOD
Step #3: Viewing Embedded Videos in Brightspace
- Off-Campus Access - Requires Net ID & Password
- All browsers, but Safari, block content embedded from FOD, YouTube etc.
- Viewers need to adjust browser preferences the first time to allow content
- This should only have to be done once.
Please contact UITS for any technical issue relating to D2L: