Can I request books be delivered between libraries?
You may use OWL Swoop service to request books be delivered from Johnson Library to Sturgis Library and vice versa. Follow the steps below to make the request:
- On the library’s homepage, click on the Books tab and search for the book you need. The search result page will be displayed.
- On the left side of the search result page, there are several groups of links which allow you to refine your search. Click on Available in the Library link under Show only group. Then select Books under Format group
- The refined search result page will be shown. There are two ways to request the book be delivered to the library of your choice:
- On the search result page, you will see the book location information under each book record. To request the book be delivered to the other library, click on Get It link on the bottom of the record. Then the login page will appear and you need to login your library account. After login, click on Request link next to the Request Options. The Pick Up Location will be automatically assigned to the other library which the book is not currently located. Click Request to complete your request
- You may also click on the book title link to display the detailed book information and then click on Get It link to submit your request.
If you have difficulties making the request, please call the Research Help desk at 470-578-6325 for Sturgis Library or at 470-5787471 for Johnson Library.
If you request a repository book be delivered to either library, please follow the steps for requesting a repository book here.
Books in the following locations are NOT available for Owl Swoop the intercampus book delivery service:
* Teacher Resource and Activity Center - Difazio Collection
* Teacher Resource and Activity Center
* Sturgis Reference Collection (Kennesaw Campus)
* Bentley Rare Book Gallery
* Foreign Language Resource Collection
* Archives (Kennesaw Campus)
* Johnson Special Collection (Marietta Campus)
* Sturgis Reserves (Kennesaw Campus)
* Johnson Circulation Desk (Marietta Campus)
* Center for Literacy and Learning, SMGE
* Center for Literacy and Learning, EECE
* Johnson Bound Journals (Marietta Campus)
* Archives (Marietta Campus)
* Technical Services (Kennesaw Campus)
* Visual Arts Resource Center
* Johnson Atlas (Reference, Marietta Campus)