How do I export search results from SuperSearch into RefWorks?
Follow the steps below to export search results from SuperSearch into RefWorks:
1. Perform a search using SuperSearch
2. From your search results, click on the title link for the record you would like to export to Refworks
3. On the right side of your screen, there is a list of options under Tools. Click on Export from the list
4. By default, Direct Export to RefWorks is checked. If not, select Direct Export to RefWorks
5. Click on Save
6. A new window will be opened with two options of RefWorks: the older version of Legacy RefWorks and the upgraded version of ProQuest RefWorks. If this is your first time using RefWorks, we highly recommend you use ProQuest RefWorks. Legacy RefWorks will phase off in the near future.
7. Click on the version you use and sign into your RefWorks account. For first time users, you will need to create an account. Click here to see how to create a RefWorks account.
8. Once you signed in, the Import References screen will display. Click on View Last Import Folder on the right bottom corner to see the record you imported.
If you try to export references to RefWorks using SuperSearch and nothing happens, you should check to see if the pop-up window blocker is set on your browser or you have personal firewall or security software. Pop-up blockers can interfere with several areas of RefWorks.
See the instruction below to turn off pop-up blockers:
- In Firefox, go to Tools - Options - Content and see if the blocker is checked. If checked, click Exceptions and add www.refworks.com as an allowed site.
- If you’ve added the Google toolbar to Internet Explorer, the pop-up blocker may be set. Select Options. Under Accessories select the Options tab, and turn off the Popup Blocker.