How do I export PubMed citations to RefWorks?
Last Updated: Apr 13, 2017 | 5 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
Follow the steps below to export PubMed Central (PMC) citations to RefWorks:
- Type the search term(s) in the search box using PMC and the search result page will be displayed
- Click the check box from the result list to select the article(s) or click the link of the article you wish to export to RefWorks
- From the “Send to” drop-down menu on the top right corner of the page, select “File”
- After "File" is checked, you will need to select MEDLINE under the “Format” drop-down menu and click on “Create File”
- The file will be downloaded as a text file and opened using Notepad or a similar program
- Login to RefWorks
- Select “References” from the top menu, then “Import” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Import filter/Data Source" drop-down menu and select “NLM PubMed”
- Click on “From Text”, then copy and paste the information from Notepad into the box. Click on “Import” to create the citation.
- A message indicating that “Import completed” will appear and your records should be in the last imported folder.