How do I export PubMed citations to RefWorks?
Last Updated: Nov 04, 2016 | 2 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
Follow the steps below to export PubMed citations to RefWorks:
- Perform a search using PubMed and the search results page will be displayed
- Mark the citation(s) you wish to export to RefWorks
- From the “Send to” drop-down menu, select “File” for “Choose Destination”, then select MEDLINE under the “Format” drop-down menu. Click on “Create File” after you make the selections.
- The file will be downloaded as a text file and opened using Notepad or a similar program
- Login to RefWorks
- Select “References” from the top menu, then “Import” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Import filter/Data Source" drop-down menu and select “NLM PubMed”
- Click on “From Text”, then copy and paste the information from Notepad into the box. Click on “Import” to create the citation.
- A message indicating that “Import completed” will appear and your records should be in the last imported folder.