How do I find and view TED Talks?
You can access to more than 1,000 TED Talks through the database Films on Demand. These videos can be viewed on or off campus. If you are accessing Films on Demand from off-campus, you will need to log in with your NetID and password.
Where to find the Films on Demand database?
- Go to Library Webpage
- Click on Find a Database link under the SuperSerach box
- From A-Z Databases list, select Films on Demand
How to Use Films on Demand?
- If you know the name of the video you want to view, search for it in the search bar.
- To see a list of all the TED Talks in the database, use the Menu in the top-left corner to open “Browse Videos” and click “By Producer.”
- Find TED in the list of producers
- Locate the video you want to watch
The videos in Films on Demand are more geared towards academic topics, so not all TED Talks will be available through this database. TED Talks that are more entertaining in nature, and the most recent TED Talks, are not in the database. If you need to watch a TED Talk that isn’t in Films on Demand, you can find it on either the TED website or on the TED YouTube channel.