What are some of the new features of the new book catalog (ALMA)?
Alma is the new integrated library system (ILS) in use by the Kennesaw State Library System and the University System of Georgia. This new system brings a number of upgrades and improvements to the library. Many of them are behind the scene changes visible only to library faculty and staff, but some of them will become more obvious to you through GILFind, the library's online catalog.
Some of these features include:
- No more separate site for the GIL Universal Catalog
- Same request form for books from another campus, the repository, and GIL Express
- Login to your account uses NetID & password, no more PINs
- All ebooks and ejournals will be listed in GIL-Find, including the ones we only subscribe to, with links to their owning database
- Improved mobile interface
- Faceted search (by location, format, topic, language, etc.)
- Similar items
- Spelling suggestions
- Text information to a cell phone
- Export items to citation managers (EndNote, RefWorks)
- Zotero compatible
- APA or MLA citations
- Save resources to organized lists
- Repeat search or find additional information in other systems (WorldCat, other catalogs, booksellers, etc.)
- Persistent URLs
- SFX and Google Book Links
- RSS feeds of searches
- Login to add to favorites or to add tags and comments
- New look and feel.