Can I print in the Library?
Sturgis Library (Kennesaw)
Before you can print or copy, you must ensure there is K-Cash in your KSU account. For directions on either checking your balance or adding funds, please click here.
Currently, there are seven copiers/printers in the Library--four in the Information Commons, one across from the Information Desk, one on the second floor near the restrooms and one in the Graduate Library in room 302-E. Once you print, you can release your job at any printer/copier on campus.
To print, follow the below directions:
1. Once you are ready to print, select Student-Print-BW for black and white print jobs or Student-Print-Color for color print jobs. The cost per page is $0.50 for color and $0.10 for black and white.
2. Go to any Ricoh copier/printer. If you are printing black and white, you can use any machine. If you are printing color, you must use a color machine. There is a rainbow squiggle on the color machines.
3. If printer is idle, press the button located directly under the Main Power Light (either [Energy Saver] or the [On] Button).
4. Tap your KSU ID card on the SmartCard Reader. You must have a new KSU ID card to print or copy on any Ricoh machine. If you are a guest and need a guest card, please click here.
5. Select the print job(s) you wish to print.
6. Press the [Print] button after selecting your print job(s).
7. Remove your printed document from tray.
8. Tap your KSU ID Card on the SmartCard Reader to log out.
If you have any problems, please see the Information Desk or Help Desk for assistance.
Johnson Library (Marietta)
Here are some general tips for printing:
- Choose File → Print
- Check the chosen printer:
For the B&W Printer, choose "Library_BW" (or "Library_BW on grenoble")
For the Color Printer, choose "Library_Color" (or "Library_Color on grenoble")
To save as a PDF, choose "Adobe PDF"
- Click on the "Print" button
- Go to the Print/Copy Room (the room with the big window behind the computers)
- Wake up the Print Station Computer (wiggle the mouse, etc.)
- Swipe your Hornet/SPSU ID Card in the card swipe on the upper right corner of the monitor. Make sure the magnetic strip is facing you.
- Find your document – just look for your SPSU username
- Select your document and click on the "Print" button (or, you can choose to "Delete" the file from the Print Station)
- Click the "Logoff" button when you’re finished
Black and white prints cost $0.10 a page. Color prints cost $0.35 a page.
*If the Print Station says your balance is $0, you’ll need to add money to your card.
**Are you a GHC student who doesn’t have a Hornet Card? You can request one from the Campus Services Office (at no charge for the first time) if you can wait, or purchase one for $3 through the ADM machine if you need to print now.