I'm not a KSU student, but I live in the area. Can I use the KSU library?
We welcome all members of the public to the Sturgis Library!
There are two public workstations at the front of the library directly across from the Information Desk. These computers will give patrons access to all library resources. For information on guest printing, please click here.
There is also a stapler, paperclips, rubber bands, scissors and a three-hole punch located near the guest computers.
While the public may browse the library's book collection, in order to check out materials you must become a Friend of the Sturgis Library. Membership forms can be obtained at the circulation desk during library hours (library hours vary due to holidays and University calendar). Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- A Borrower will receive a Special Borrower’s card upon completion of membership application and payment. The card is nontransferable and must be accompanied by a picture ID to check out books.
- A Borrower may check out up to three (3) books at a time.
- A Borrower’s normal check out period is the same as the University patrons, two (2) weeks, although this may be shorter if the expiration date of the membership is expired.
- A Borrower who fails to return a book by the due date will be fined $0.25 per day per item.
- A Borrower may renew a book once (1) as long as there is no hold on the book. This renewal can be done by calling the circulation desk, 770-423-6202 or by visiting the library.
- A Borrower who loses an item is responsible for reimbursing the Library for the replacement cost and the processing fee.
- A Borrower is responsible for the proper care of items that have been checked out. The cost of repair or replacement of damaged items will be billed to the borrower.
- A Borrower must be a resident of the state of Georgia.
Rules and regulations of the Horace W. Sturgis Library/Kennesaw State University are to be followed. Failure to do so may result in the suspension of patron borrowing privileges.
For visitors to access the KSU Wifi network, please follow these steps or click here for a more information:
1. Select "KSUGuest" from the list of available wireless networks.
2. Open a web browser.
3. Enter "kennesaw" as security key.
4. Login with your email address.
5. You are now connected to the WiFi network.
Note: Guests have limited bandwidth, will only be able to access the Network between 6am and midnight, and are restricted to Internet connectivity through a web browser.
For directions and information on parking, please click here.