How do I check out books through GIL Express (Universal Catalog)?
Last Updated: Oct 08, 2014 | 1332 Views
Was this helpful? 2 0
How to request a book through GIL Express:
- Search the GIL Universal Catalog for books using Title, Author, or Subject.
- A list of items matching your search will be displayed.
- Find the item you wish to request from the list.
- Click on the hyperlinked title of the item.
- Under "Holdings" Click "Please Log in to enable Gil-Express Request"
- Enter Home Institution, Institutional ID (KSU Number), Last Name, and PIN. (To find out how to get a PIN click here.)
- Under "Holdings" Click "Place Gil-Express Request"
- Check information and click "Submit Request" (If you are a distance or online student and live closer to another USG institution than to KSU, you can request the item to be delivered there.)
- If you have trouble, please contact the library, 470-578-6325.
- Not all libraries will inform you by email when a book is ready to pick up, so keep checking your online account. Once the book is on-site, you can pick it up at the Sturgis Library Information Desk (or the USG institution you chose as your delivery site in step 8). We will keep your book for two weeks before sending it back to its home institution.
- For more information about GIL Express click here.