What is a peer reviewed article?
Last Updated: Nov 02, 2015 | 180 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
Peer Review describes the process that an article goes through before it can be published in a scholarly/academic journal. Peer reviewed articles are often called Academic, Scholarly, or Refereed.
- Academic or expert writes an article
- Audience other academics, experts, or students
- Article is then submitted for review to the editors of an academic journal - Example: Editors of Social Science Quarterly
- Editors are experts with specialist degrees in the particular area.
- Editors review the article
- Options: Acceptance, Return With Suggestions, Reject
- Social Science Quarterly: Accepts about 15% of submissions.