How do I download eBooks to my computer from SuperSearch or the Library catalog?
In order to download eBooks in SuperSearch and read them on your computer, you will need to download Adobe Digital Editions. You will also need to create an EBSCOhost account. Once you have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions and created an EBSCOhost account, follow the instructions below to download eBooks to read on a computer.
- On the library homepage, enter your search terms in the SuperSearch bar.
- For help narrowing your search to only eBooks, click here.
- eBooks that you can download through SuperSearch are available as either PDF Full Text or EPUB Full Text. Some books are available as both.
- Click the "PDF Full Text" or the "EPUB Full Text" link to access the full text of the eBook.
- Once you are viewing the full text of the book, click the "Download" button in the top-right corner of the screen. You will be prompted to sign in to your EBSCOhost account.
- In the pop-up window, choose the format you want to download (if you have a choice), then click "Download."
- Open the file in your downloads folder.
If the files did not download automatically or you can't find them, you can click the "My Checkouts" link in the top-right corner of the page to download the book again.
- Open the downloaded file in Adobe Digital Editions.
- If you have never used Adobe Digital Editions before, you will be asked to log in with your Adobe ID.
- Click the "Create an Adobe ID" link to create an account.
Using an Adobe ID will allow you to access the same eBook across multiple devices.
- Enter your Adobe ID and password.
- If you don't want to create an Adobe ID, check the box next to "I want to authorize my computer without an ID."
You will only be able to read the eBook on the computer you are currently using.
- Click "Next," then click "Authorize."
- The book should automatically open within Adobe Digital Editions. If not, navigate to your personal Library in Adobe Digital Editions and open it.
For help returning an eBook, click here.