How do I join the Friends of the Library?
The KSU Friends of the Library supports the KSU Library System, and serves to strengthen the library's services and collection by coordinating different parts of the University community. They also sponsor our biannual booksales at both the Sturgis Library on the Kennesaw campus and the Johnson Library on the Marietta campus, and provide basic stationary supplies for students to use at both libraries.
Membership fees are $35/year for an individual, with discounts available for current KSU students and staff. Corporate and lifetime memberships are also available. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Anyone may browse the library's book collection, but in order to check out materials you must become a Friend of the Library.
- A Friend of the Library will receive a Special Borrower’s card upon completion of membership application and payment. The card is nontransferable and must be accompanied by a picture ID to check out books.
- A Friend of the Library may check out up to three (3) books at a time.
- A Friend of the Library’s normal check out period is two (2) weeks, although this may be shorter if the expiration date of the membership is expired.
- Any borrower who fails to return a book by the due date will be fined $0.50 per day per item.
- A Friend of the Library may renew a book once (1) as long as there is no hold on the book. This renewal can be done by calling the Check Out Desk, 470-578-6202 or by visiting the library.
- Any borrower who loses an item is responsible for reimbursing the Library for the replacement cost and the processing fee.
- Any borrower is responsible for the proper care of items that have been checked out. The cost of repair or replacement of damaged items will be billed to the borrower.
- A Borrower must be a resident of the state of Georgia.
Rules and regulations of the Kennesaw State University Library System/Kennesaw State University are to be followed. Failure to do so may result in the suspension of patron borrowing privileges.
For more information about the resources available to guests, click here.