How do I return an e-book?
If you have been reading an eBook in your browser and have not downloaded it, you don't need to return it. Once you close the window, you will no longer be accessing it. It will be available to other users shortly, and you don't need to do anything else.
If you have downloaded an eBook, the process varies slightly depending on if you are using an app on your phone or tablet, or if you are reading it on your computer.
To return an eBook using Adobe Digital Editions:
- Open Adobe Digital Editions.
- Go to your personal library.
- Select the book you want to return.
- Right-click and choose "Return Borrowed Item." The book will be returned and removed from your library.
To return an eBook using the EBSCO eBooks app:
- Select Bookshelf in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the View icon in the upper-right of the screen.
- Tap the icon to the right of the eBook title in the list.
- Tap the Return Item button.
You can always just wait for your checkout period to expire. EBooks will have a checkout period of between 1 and 14 days.
If you need more help with eBooks, please call the research help desk at 470-578-6325 (Kennesaw) or 470-578-7471 (Marietta).