Can I renew my Interlibrary Loan (ILL) book?
The short answer is sometimes.
There is a seven day window (three days before to three days after your due date) when you may request a renewal. Keep in mind, though, that any item with "NO RENEWAL" printed on the cover label is NOT available for renewal.
For other items, once you follow the directions listed below, the ILL staff contacts the lending institution to request a renewal on your behalf. An extension of your lending period is not guaranteed and is at the discretion of the lending institution.
1. Log into your ILLiad account.
2. Click on the "Checked Out Items" link under "View" on the left-side menu.
3. Select the item for which you wish to request a renewal by clicking on the "Transaction Number" in the first column.
4. Click on "Renew Request" link above the "Transaction Information" box. (If it is outside the seven day window, there be no link.) If it is within the period and it is not there or it is outside the window, please call the ILL Office at 470-578-6002 for assistance. Please note, the Due Date will automatically change once you request a renewal, but IT HAS NOT BEEN RENEWED UNTIL YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM THE ILL OFFICE CONFIRMING THE EXTENSION.
5. Once the ILL Office hears back from the lending institution, you will receive an email notification letting you know if your renewal request was approved or denied.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the ILL Office at 470-578-6002 or stop by the Sturgis Library Check Out Desk on the main floor of the library.