How can I embed Films On Demand videos in D2L?
For eBooks and Articles
Reading List is a new feature for D2L provided by KSU Library System through EBSCO. Faculty can search for and add library resources to their D2L course directly through their instructor interface. There is no need to locate a permalink! You can find the full Reading List instructions here.
KSU Libraries have a tremendous amount of content that you can use in Brightspace/D2L by embedding or linking to complete movies or segments. The process is similar for Films on Demand, video content found in SuperSearch, and YouTube content.
Step #1: Films on Demand/videos found in SuperSearch
1. Find the segment you want
2. Click on the segment title
3. Click on "Embed/Link" under the video player
4. Copy the embed code or link under the segment
Step #2: Brightspace Embedding Segments
1. In your selected module, select the "Upload/Create" drop down menu. Select "Create a File".
2. Give your file a title. On the edit menu bar, select the "Insert Stuff" menu on the far left. This button has small Play, Pause, Stop, and Fast Forward icons on it.
3. A box will pop up. Select "Enter Embed Code" from the menu on the left. Paste the embed code into the box provided.
4. Click "Next". A preview of your video will appear. Click "Insert" to place the video segment into the file. "Publish" the file to your module when complete.
Step #3: Viewing Embedded Videos in Brightspace
- Off-Campus Access - Requires Net ID & Password
- All browsers, but Safari, block content embedded from FOD, YouTube etc.
- Viewers need to adjust browser preferences the first time to allow content
- This should only have to be done once.
Please contact UITS for any technical issue relating to D2L: