May I pick up a GIL book at another USG school closer to where I live?
Last Updated: Oct 13, 2016 | 108 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
Yes, you can have a GIL book sent to any USG school and pick it up there.
Here's how to request a book through GIL Express:
- Search the GIL Universal Catalog for books using Title, Author, or Subject.
- A list of items matching your search will be displayed.
- Find the item you wish to request from the list.
- Click on the hyperlinked title of the item.
- Under "Holdings" Click "Please Log in to enable Gil-Express Request"
- Enter Home Institution, Institutional ID (KSU Number), Last Name, and PIN. (To find out how to get a PIN click here.)
- Under "Holdings" Click "Place Gil-Express Request"
- Make sure the pick up library reads: Kennesaw State Univeristy (Cnsld)
- Choose the KSU Library where you would like to pick up the item, eitherJohnson Library (Marietta Campus) or Sturgis Library (Kennesaw Campus).
- If you're a KSU student, the default pickup library is Sturgis Library, but if you live closer to another USG institution than to KSU, you can request the item to be delivered there. Simply select the institution to where you'd like the item delivered. You may have to also select a pickup location--depending on the institution.
- Check information and click "Submit Request." If you have trouble, please contact the library, 470-578-6202.
- Not all libraries will inform you by email when a book is ready to pick up, so keep checking your online account. Once the book is on-site, you can pick it up at the Sturgis Library Information Desk (or the USG institution you chose as your delivery site in step 8). We will keep your book for two weeks before sending it back to its home institution.
- Bring your KSU ID card and an additional picture ID to check out the book.