How do I link to a video in Films on Demand?
Films On Demand has a tremendous amount of content that you can use in Brightspace/D2L by embedding or linking to complete movies or segments. If you have embedded YouTube content in your course - it is very similar.
Step #1: Films on Demand
1. Find the segment you want
2. Click on the segment title
3. Copy the embed code or link under the video on this page.
Step #2: Brightspace/Desire2Learn Embedding Segments
1. Create space for your content (discussion, news item etc)
2. Use the "Insert Stuff" button.
3. Select the "Enter Embed Code" or "Insert Link" option
4. Paste in the embed code or link FOD
Step #3: Viewing Embedded FOD Video in Brightspace/D2L
- Off-Campus Access - Requires Net ID & Password
- All browsers, but Safari, block content embedded from FOD, YouTube etc.
- Viewers need to adjust browser preferences the first time to allow content
- This should only have to be done once.