Can I browse for items in the online catalog?
Last Updated: Jun 14, 2017 | 101 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
How to browse the catalog by call number:
- Click the "Browse Search" link next to the search bar.
- Choose "By Library of Congress call numbers" from the drop-down menu, and enter the classification number you are looking for.
- Click the "Browse" button.
- You will get a results page with all of the books in the KSU catalog beginning with the call number you entered. Here, you can browse the books that will be on a similar topic--just like if you were scanning the other items on the shelf!
- Click a book title to get more information about it.
You can also use these steps to browse the catalog by author, book title, or subject.
- To browse by author, choose "By author" from the drop-down menu, then enter the author's last name. You will get a list of all the authors in the catalog in alphabetical order by last name.
- To browse by title, choose "By title," then enter the title of a book. You will get a list of all the books in the catalog starting with the title you entered.
- To browse by subject, choose "By subject," then enter the Library of Congress Subject Heading. You will get a list of all the subjects in the catalog in alphabetical order. You need to use the official Library of Congress Subject Headings for this type of browsing to work.