Q: How many books can I check out? Is there a limit?
The number of books you can check out depends on what type of library user you are. There are also different limits depending on where you got the book:
Books @ KSU
- Undergraduate students: 15 books
- Graduate students: 20 books
- Faculty/Staff: no limit
- Friends of the Library: 3 books
All KSU Library users can have a maximum of 100 books checked out through GIL Express. Community members with Friends of the Library cards cannot check out books through GIL Express.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Undergraduate students: 15 new items per day and 15 active requests (books or articles) at one time
- Graduate students: 15 new items per day and 30 active requests (books or articles) at one time
- Faculty/Staff: 30 new items per day and 60 active requests (books or articles) at one time
Community members with Friends of the Library cards cannot request items through ILL.
For more information
For more help, call or visit one of our Check Out Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw (Ground Floor): 470-578-6202
Johnson Library at Marietta (First Floor): 470-578-7276
Last UpdatedJul 19, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)