Q: Am I able to reserve a study room for sometime in the future?
You can reserve a study room up to one week in advance for two people or more.
We have two kinds of group study rooms: Collaborative Technology Rooms, and Group Study Rooms. Collaborative Technology Rooms (called "Collab Tech Rooms" on the reservation form) have monitors that you can connect to your laptop or other device. Laptops, iPads, and headphones can be checked out from the Check Out Desk for library use only. Group Study Rooms do not have any technology.
Follow these steps to reserve a study room at either the Johnson Library at Marietta or the Sturgis Library at Kennesaw:
- On the library homepage, open the "Services" menu on the left side of the screen.
- Open the "Study Rooms" link.
- Select the campus where you would like to reserve a study room.
- On the reservation form screen, select the date you want using the calendar on the left side of the screen.
- Once you have chosen your date, choose the study room you want using the grid in the center of the screen.
- The yellow boxes are available rooms.
- The red boxes are rooms that have already been reserved.
- The black boxes are in the past or when the library is closed.
- Select the times that you want to reserve the room. You can reserve the rooms in 30- or 60-minute increments, depending on the campus. All rooms can be reserved for up to two hours.
- After you have selected the room and time, fill out the short form at the bottom of the page. You must enter your full name and use your KSU email address to reserve a room.
- When it's time for your reservation, visit the Check Out Desk to check in. Bring your KSU ID with you to check in.
Study Room Policies
- Study rooms can be reserved for up to 2 hours a day.
- Study rooms are for use by 2 or more KSU students.
- No back-to-back sessions. This means that group members cannot reserve the same room for bac-to-back 2 hour sessions. You must leave the room between sessions.
- If you are not physically in the study room within 15 minutes of your reservation start time, you must forfeit the study room if another group walks in before you do.
- Georgia Highlands students may reserve study rooms, but only at the Marietta campus. GHC students must have a KSU ID and KSU email address to reserve a study room. For more information, please review our Georgia Highlands Policy.
Stop by the Check Out Desks if you have any questions! You can also review our complete Group Study Room Policy for more information.
For more information
For more help, call or visit one of our Check Out Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw (Ground Floor): 470-578-6202
Johnson Library at Marietta (First Floor): 470-578-7276
Last UpdatedJul 18, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)