Q: Can I request books be delivered between libraries?
You may use OWL Swoop service to request books be delivered from Johnson Library to Sturgis Library and vice versa. Follow the steps below to make the request:
- On the library homepage, click on the Books tab and search for the book you need. The search result page will be displayed.
- Use the options on the left side of the results page to refine your search.
- Click on Available in the Library link under Show only to see only physical items.
- Select Books under Format group to view only books.
- Click "Get It" underneath the book's publication and location information.
- If you are not already logged in to your library account, click "Sign-in for more options."
- Log in to your library account.
You can also request books using these same steps from the book details page in the catalog. Click the title of the book to learn more about the book before you request it, then follow the steps above.
If a book is located at the Library Repository, you can have it delivered to either Johnson or Sturgis Library. We also have instructions for requesting books from the Repository.
If you have difficulties making the request, please call the Research Help desk at 470-578-6325 for Sturgis Library or at 470-578-7471 for Johnson Library.
Items in the following locations cannot be requested for Owl Swoop delivery:
- Sturgis Microform (Kennesaw Campus)
- Teacher Resource and Activity Center - Difazio Collection
- Teacher Resource and Activity Center
- Sturgis Reference Collection (Kennesaw Campus)
- Bentley Rare Book Gallery
- Foreign Language Resource Collection
- Archives (Kennesaw Campus)
- Johnson Special Collection (Marietta Campus)
- Sturgis Reserves (Kennesaw Campus)
- Johnson Circulation Desk (Marietta Campus)
- Center for Literacy and Learning, SMGE
- Center for Literacy and Learning, EECE
- Johnson Bound Journals (Marietta Campus)
- Johnson Reference (Marietta Campus)
- Johnson Architecture Projects (Marietta Campus)
- Archives (Marietta Campus)
- Technical Services (Kennesaw Campus)
- Visual Arts Resource Center
- Johnson Atlas (Reference, Marietta Campus)
For more help
For more help, email the ILL Office or call 470-578-6002 with any questions.
Last UpdatedJul 18, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)