Q: How do I find an article from a citation?
The easiest way to find an article when you have a citation (information about the article) is to use SuperSearch. To find an article using SuperSearch, follow the steps below using a sample citation:
"Training Dogs and Training Humans: Symbolic Interaction and Dog Training." Greenebaum, Jessica B. Anthrozoos. June 2010, Volume 23 Issue 2, p129-141.
From the SuperSearch tab (first tab on the library homepage):
- Type some of the article's title using quotation marks--but no punctuation--into the search box (Ex. "Training dogs and training humans")
- Choose the Title button and press Search
- Click on the .pdf of the article
If you can't find the article in SuperSearch, try searching our Journal Holdings. You can find more information about searching the journal holdings in our FAQs.
- On the library homepage, click the "Journal Holdings" tab (next to the "Books" tab)
- Either search for the title of the publication using the pull down boxes or click the Journals by Title link to browse for the title. (Ex. Anthrozoos)
- If the journal is displayed in the list, click the hyperlink of the database name (in red) to access it electronically. You can see the years that we own next to the database name. If it is in Print or on Microfilm you will need to come to the library to look at the publication.
NOTE: If we don't have access to the journal or article that you're looking for, you can request it through Interlibrary Loan - FREE.
Additionally, you may be able to find the article in an online open-access repository. For more information about this method, please contact email@example.com and include the article citation.
For more information
For more help, email the Research and Instructional Services department, or call or visit one of our Research Help Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw: Ground Floor, Room G-16, 470-578-6325
Johnson Library at Marietta: First Floor, Room C-125, 470-578-7471
Last UpdatedJul 19, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)