Q: How do I access business databases?
We have a comprehensive list of Databases by Subject & Type on the library hompage. The databases are organized by business department:
- Economics, Finance, and Quantitative Analysis
- Information Systems
- Management & Entrepreneurship
- Marketing & Professional Sales
Some examples are:
- ABI Inform: Covers over 1,400 US and international journals and trade publications. Topics include business and management, company histories, competitive intelligence, product development, advertising, banking, broadcasting, computers, trade, finance, and economics.
- Business Source Complete: Business Source Complete provides full text for over 2,345 journals covering all aspects of business. In the advanced search interface, quick access is available to company profiles, country reports, industry profiles, market research reports, SWOT analyses and articles.
- Nexis Uni: Contains about 15,000 publications, virtually all include full text. Includes newspapers (in English and many other languages), trade publications, company financial information, government publications and reference works (Forbes Annual Directory, the Official Guide to the American Marketplace, US Global Trade Outlook).
- Mergent Online: Global business and financial information on over 25,000 US & foreign companies.
- SimplyAnalytics: SimplyAnalytics is a web-based mapping, analytics, and data visualization application that makes it easy for anyone to create interactive maps, charts, and reports using 100,000+ data variables. SimplyAnalytics is the replacement system for SimplyMap.
For more information
For more help, email the Research and Instructional Services department, or call or visit one of our Research Help Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw: Ground Floor, Room G-16, 470-578-6325
Johnson Library at Marietta: First Floor, Room C-125, 470-578-7471
Last UpdatedFeb 13, 2018
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)