Q: How can I limit search results to only articles written by a nurse?
Finding articles written by nurses in SuperSearch
- On the library homepage, click "Advanced Search" underneath the SuperSearch search box.
- On the Advanced Search page, enter your search terms in the first box or first two boxes.
- In a separate box, enter "R.N. or RN" and choose "AU Author" from the drop down box.
This will retrieve results with "RN" appearing anywhere in the author field, but does not limit to the first author, so results with nurse contributors are included.
Finding articles written by nurses in CINAHL
- Open CINAHL Plus.
- Click "Advanced Search" underneath the search box.
- Enter your subject search terms in the search boxes at the top of the page.
- Scroll down the page to the advanced options. There are two options you can select:
- "First Author is Nurse" will return only articles where the first author listed in a nurse.
- "Any Author is Nurse" will return articles where a nurse is a contributing author as well as the first author.
For more help with nursing research, visit our Nursing Research Guide. This guide includes lists of nursing journals, databases and other resources to help with your research.
For more information
For more help, email the Research and Instructional Services department, or call or visit one of our Research Help Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw: Ground Floor, Room G-16, 470-578-6325
Johnson Library at Marietta: First Floor, Room C-125, 470-578-7471
Last UpdatedJul 18, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)