Q: What is a "print publishing farm"?


Some print publishing houses, typically based in countries other than the United States but not always, solicit material from institutional repositories such as theses and dissertations. An "acquisition editor" (or some similarly titled person) will contact the author with an opportunity to turn the digital thesis/dissertation into a printed publication, however, the experience of this author shows the shadowy side of such publishing houses, or "print publishing farms."

Be wary of unsolicited proposals for publishing your academic work. Do a little research into the operations and reputation of the publisher in question.

For more information

For more help, email the Research and Instructional Services department, or call or visit one of our Research Help Desks:

Sturgis Library at Kennesaw: Ground Floor, Room G-16, 470-578-6325
Johnson Library at Marietta: First Floor, Room C-125, 470-578-7471


Last updated

Last Updated

Jul 20, 2017


Research Help

Walk-In Help
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)

Call Us
470-578-6325 (Kennesaw)
470-578-7471 (Marietta)

Text Us

Schedule an Appointment

Help Hours
Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM