Q: Where can I find examples of advertisements (current or past)?
The following are suggested places to find advertisements published in magazines or newspapers:
- From the library webpage, click on Find a Database under the Research Tools search box.
- Navigate to the "P" section or search ProQuest Newspapers . Click on the title of the database to open.
- Click on Advanced Search link and type your search terms
- To limit your search to advertisement, check "Advertisement" box under Document type
2. View Time, Newsweek, Sports Illustrated, or other popular magazine. Sturgis Library has them bound by call number on the 2nd floor. Johnson Library has some bound periodicals, but not many popular magazines. Find out which magazines we own by searching for the title under the Journal Holdings tab on the library homepage.
3. Vintage Ad browser website (ads organized by topics and decades): http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/
4. Google image search by product name and year
For more information
For more help, email the Research and Instructional Services department, or call or visit one of our Research Help Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw: Ground Floor, Room G-16, 470-578-6325
Johnson Library at Marietta: First Floor, Room C-125, 470-578-7471
Last UpdatedJul 21, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)