Q: How do I find a call number for a book?
You can find the call number for a physical book in the book catalog or in SuperSearch. Electronic books usually do not have a call number, because the call number is the physical location of the book in the library. If you need a call number for an electronic book, please contact a librarian for more assistance.
Using the Book Catalog
- On the Library Homepage, click the "Books" tab.
- Enter the title of the book in the search bar.
- The call number for physical books is listed on the search results page.
The catalog displays "Available at," then the collection where the book is normally kept. The call number is the alphanumeric code after the library location.
- If the book is checked out, the search results page will say "Check holdings" instead of "Available at." You can still find the call number by clicking the title.
- The call number is displayed on the "Location" line on the "Get It" tab.
- On the Library Homepage, enter the title of the book in the SuperSearch box. You can choose the Title search button if you want.
- The call number for physical books is listed on the search results page. It is in the "Call No." column.
SuperSearch will display the book's call number whether or not the book is available.
For more information
For more help, email the Research and Instructional Services department, or call or visit one of our Research Help Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw: Ground Floor, Room G-16, 470-578-6325
Johnson Library at Marietta: First Floor, Room C-125, 470-578-7471
Last UpdatedNov 29, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)