Q: How do I get the GALILEO password?
Many students, faculty, and staff have experience using GALILEO for their research; however, SuperSearch and GALILEO are the same search. SuperSearch is the main search box on the library homepage. To use SuperSearch if you are off campus you will simply input your NetID and password to login. You also no longer have to learn a new password each semester.
You can also reach GALILEO using your NetID/password by using the Find a Database link on the library homepage under the SuperSearch box. Click G to find GALILEO in the alphabetical list of databases.
In most cases, you only need your NetID and password to get off-campus access to library resources. You can still get the GALILEO password by following the directions below.
Directions from the Library Homepage
- Open the "Useful Links" menu
- Click "Library Account." This will take you to the GIL Find search page
- Click "Sign In" in the top-right corner
- Click "KSU Students & Faculty"
- Enter your NetID and password
- Click "My Account" in the top-right corner
- Click the "Galileo Password" tab in the center of the page. The GALILEO password will be in the menu on the left side of the screen.
You can also stop by any library Check Out Desk to get the password.
The GALILEO password changes every semester.
To access GALILEO directly use the following URL:http://www.galileo.usg.edu
Last UpdatedJul 19, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)