Q: Can I browse for items in the online catalog?
How to browse the catalog by call number:
- Click the "Browse Search" link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
- You can browse the catalog by subject, author, title, or call number. You can choose between the different types of browsing using the drop-down menu next to "Browse by."
- Enter your subject term, author, title, or call number, then click the magnifying glass to search.
- To browse by author, choose "By author" from the drop-down menu, then enter the author's last name. You will get a list of all the authors in the catalog in alphabetical order by last name.
- To browse by title, choose "By title," then enter the title of a book. You will get a list of all the books in the catalog starting with the title you entered.
- To browse by subject, choose "By subject," then enter the Library of Congress Subject Heading. You will get a list of all the subjects in the catalog in alphabetical order. You need to use the official Library of Congress Subject Headings for this type of browsing to work.
- To browse by call number, choose "Library of Congress call numbers," then enter the book's call number. You will get a list of all the books in the order they are on the library shelf, starting with that call number.
- Click a book title to get more information about it.
Last UpdatedMay 30, 2018
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)