Q: Can I browse for items in the online catalog?
How to browse the catalog by call number:
- Click the "Browse Search" link next to the search bar.
- Choose "By Library of Congress call numbers" from the drop-down menu, and enter the classification number you are looking for.
- Click the "Browse" button.
- You will get a results page with all of the books in the KSU catalog beginning with the call number you entered. Here, you can browse the books that will be on a similar topic--just like if you were scanning the other items on the shelf!
- Click a book title to get more information about it.
You can also use these steps to browse the catalog by author, book title, or subject.
- To browse by author, choose "By author" from the drop-down menu, then enter the author's last name. You will get a list of all the authors in the catalog in alphabetical order by last name.
- To browse by title, choose "By title," then enter the title of a book. You will get a list of all the books in the catalog starting with the title you entered.
- To browse by subject, choose "By subject," then enter the Library of Congress Subject Heading. You will get a list of all the subjects in the catalog in alphabetical order. You need to use the official Library of Congress Subject Headings for this type of browsing to work.
Last UpdatedJul 18, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)