Q: How do I use the Microfilm or Microfiche machine?
The Microfilm Machine is located on the north side of the third floor of the Sturgis Library, next to the microfilm cabinets. It is called the ST ViewScan II.
The ST ViewScan II scanner views and scans microfilm, microfiche, and ultrafiche (LAC & LEL collection).
Students, faculty, and staff login with their KSU NetID and password.
1. Launch ViewScan Premium, select mode, pull handle on ViewScan machine, and load film. Load film under the guides and raised top glass. *If the light on the scanner does not turn on, please restart the computer.
2. Use physical or on-screen buttons to advance the film.
3. On ViewScan Premium software, use tools at the top bar to make adjustments (set brightness level, rotate the image, invert positive and negative image, and use other options).
4. Under the Browse Tab you may instant print from the top left button or scan the full page using the Capture Full Frame button in the bottom left corner.
5. Under the Cropping Tab, you may crop the image to select only the information you need.
6. Under the File Tab, you may choose how to save, share, or print your scans. We highly recommend that you save your scans to a flash drive or your KSU OneDrive account before printing or logging out.
*Students, faculty and staff should be able to print from any campus printer.
Last UpdatedMar 27, 2018
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)