Q: How do I use the Microfilm or Microfiche machine?
Currently, guests cannot print from the microfilm computer. Faculty, staff and students can use the machine and print as usual. We are working on a solution.
The Microfilm Machine is located on the 3rd floor of the Sturgis Library. It is called the ST ViewScan II.
The ST ViewScan II scanner views and scans microfilm, microfiche, and ultrafiche (LAC & LEL collection).
Students, faculty, and staff login with their KSU NetID and password.
1. Launch ViewScan Premium, select mode, pull handle on ViewScan machine, and load film. Load film under the guides and raised top glass. *If the light on the scanner does not turn on, please restart the computer.
2. Use physical or on-screen buttons to advance the film.
3. On ViewScan Premium software, use tools at the top bar to make adjustments (set brightness level, rotate the image, invert positive and negative image, and use other options).
4. Under the Browse Tab you may instant print from the top left button or scan the full page using the Capture Full Frame button in the bottom left corner.
5. Under the Cropping Tab, you may crop the image to select only the information you need.
6. Under the File Tab, you may choose how to save, share, or print your scans. We highly recommend that you save your scans to a flash drive or files.kennesaw.edu before printing or logging out.
*Students, faculty and staff should be able to print from any campus printer.
Last UpdatedJul 19, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)