Q: Can I convert a PDF to a Word document?
You can convert a PDF document to a Microsoft Word or Excel document using one of the PCs in any computer lab on campus.
- Log on to any PC in the Information Commons and open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- Open the PDF you want to convert to a Word document.
- On the right side of the window, click "Export PDF."
- In the next screen, choose the type of document you want to PDF to be.
- Click Export.
- In the screen that pops up, click "Choose a Different Folder..." and choose where to save your new document.
If you have a hard copy of a document and you need a Word document, you don't need to scan the document and convert it. You can scan it directly as a Word document! In order to scan directly into a Word document, you need to use one of the scanning stations in the library.
- Log on to the computer at the scanning station and place your document face-down on the flatbed scanner.
- Follow the instructions for using the scanner.
- When you get to step 3, select "Text (OCR) to RTF File" as your file type, then click scan. Follow the rest of the instructions to finish scanning your document.
Neither method of converting documents is perfect, make sure to check that your new documents are accurate. You also won't be able to save your documents on the public computers or scanning computers, so make sure to save your documents to a flash drive or files.kennesaw.edu, or email it to yourself. Both methods require a KSU NetID and are only available to current students.
Last UpdatedJul 18, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)