Q: How is the new catalog interface different from the old one?
The new GIL-Find interfaces has many features that make it easier to search. With the new interface, you can:
- Log in to your library account with just your NetID and password. You don't need a special PIN anymore.
KSU Community Borrowers can access their account using the barcode on your library card.
- Search the KSU library catalog and the University System of Georgia catalog at the same site.
- Find all the e-books and e-journals that the library owns or subscribes to, as well as all of our physical books and journals.
- Tweak your search results using the menu on the left side of the search results page.
- All the information about each book is on one page: no more switching between tabs!
- Save books and searches to your library account, and get email alerts when new books are added.
- Get APA, MLA, Chicago, and Harvard style citations.
- Save books directly to citation managers like EndNote, RefWorks, and EasyBib. It also works with other programs like Zotero and Mendeley.
- Request books from other USG schools.
- Request books between KSU Library locations.
If you need more help using the new catalog interface, you can ask a librarian at the Library Help Desks.
Last UpdatedMay 30, 2018
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)