Q: How is the new catalog interface different from the old one?
While maintaining the main functionalities of the previous GIL-Find version, the new GIL-Find interface offers additional features which are beneficial to the users:
- KSU community users can log into their library account using their NetID and password. PIN numbers are no longer needed for logins.
- You can access the KSU library catalog and the University System of Georgia catalog (previously GIL Universal Catalog, or UC) at the same site. Using the new GIL-Find, users can type search term(s) and select the catalog from the drop-down menu instead of going to a different website.
- The new GIL-Find will allow users to search all e-books and e-journals the library system purchased or subscribes to.
- All book requests, such as intercampus requests, repository requests, and Gil Express requests, will use the same form and be submitted the same way.
- Mobile interface and functions are improved.
The following are some features which both new and old versions of GIL-Find support:
- Faceted search (by location, format, topic, language, etc.)
- Shows similar items
- Spelling suggestions
- Text information to a cell phone
- Export items to citation managers (EndNote, RefWorks)
- Zotero compatible
- APA or MLA citations
- Save resources to organized lists
- Repeat search or find additional information in other systems (WorldCat, other catalogs, booksellers, etc.)
- Persistent URLs
- SFX and Google Book Links
- RSS feeds of searches
- Login to add to favorites or to add tags and comments
- GIL Express requesting
Last UpdatedJul 19, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)