Q: How do I save articles from SuperSearch to Google Drive?
There is a new feature in SuperSearch and all EBSCOhost databases that will let you save PDFs of articles directly to your Google Drive account. This feature makes it easy to save PDFs and read them later, even when you're not using your own computer.
To use this feature, follow these steps:
- Perform a search in SuperSearch.
- Click the title of the article to open the document record.
- Open the PDF of the article. If you click the Google Drive icon on the document record page, the page code will be saved -- not the article.
- Click the "Google Drive" icon on the right side of the screen. If you have a pop-up blocker on your browser, you will need to allow pop-ups in SuperSearch.
- A new window will open and ask you to give EBSCOhost permission to share files to your Google Drive account. Log in with your Google account and password.
- The PDF of the article will be saved automatically to your Google Drive account. Log in to your Google account to find the PDF.
It is important to keep in mind that this feature only works to save PDFs of articles. You cannot save articles that are available as "HTML Full Text" or "Linked Full Text" in SuperSearch. You also cannot save eBooks to your Google Drive account, even if they are available as a PDF.
Last UpdatedJul 19, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)