Q: Why isn't my NetID working?
There may be a number of reasons why your NetID isn't working. If your NetID stopped working since about October 17, your account may have been frozen by UITS due to a phishing attempt. To reactivate your NetID, you can reset your password. You should also contact UITS to find out what other steps you need to take.
What is phishing?
Phishing is the practice of sending fraudulent emails to trick people into revealing personal information, like passwords or credit card numbers. These emails usually look like they came from reputable organizations, like KSU or your bank.
How to avoid getting phished
UITS offers some suggestions to help you not take the bait from a phisher:
- Exercise a healthy skepticism before trusting the contents of an email.
- Check the full email address of the sender to see if it’s from a trusted source.
- Avoid downloading files from oddly worded emails and unknown sources.
- Hover over the link to see if the URL is from a legitimate website.
- Ensure legitimate websites have valid SSL certificate. The URL will start with ‘https:’ and have a lock icon. Many popular web browsers will show ‘https:’ in green.
For more information about phishing, or to report a phishing attempt you received in your KSU email, visit UITS's Phish Market.
Last UpdatedOct 23, 2018
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)