Q: Do libraries have anatomy models for students to checkout?
Yes! The Check Out Desk on the ground floor of the Sturgis Library at Kennesaw Campus and the Check Out Desk on the first floor of the Johnson Library at Marietta Campus have bones and other biological models available for checkout.
You will need your KSU ID card to check them out and use them in the library for 2 hours.
All reserve items are due back to the Check Out Desk 30 minutes prior to closing.
To see a list of anatomy models:
- On the left of the library homepage, click on Services > Course Reserves > Course Reserves - Students. Select "Search Reserves" listed under Physical Reserve Items.
- Click on the Advanced Search link to the right of the Search field.
- From the first drop down menu, select Course name, Course instructor, Course ID, or Course department. Then enter the course information in the next search box. Click on Search.
- All the reserved materials for the course will be listed. You may click on Details link to see the full description of the item or click on Get It link to see the checkout status. The KSU Library System does not have photos of the anatomy models.
Virtual Anatomy Models
We also have virtual anatomy models available through the library databases! Using Visible Body, you can zoom in on, rotate, and even dissect the virtual models. If the model you need is checked out, try using the database Visible Body instead:
- From the library homepage, click "Find a Database."
- Click "V" in the alphabetical menu, then select "Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas" in the list of databases.
- Click the link for "Human Anatomy Atlas," then click "Launch Human Anatomy Atlas."
Please note that Visible Body is only available for on-campus use at this time.
For more information
For more help, call or visit one of our Check Out Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw (Ground Floor): 470-578-6202
Johnson Library at Marietta (First Floor): 470-578-7276
Last UpdatedOct 02, 2019
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)