Q: Do libraries have anatomy models for students to checkout?
The Check Out Desk on the ground floor of the Sturgis Library at Kennesaw Campus and the Check Out Desk on the first floor of the Johnson Library at Marietta Campus have bones and other biological models available for checkout. You will need your KSU ID card to check them out and use them in the library for 2 hours. All reserve items are due back to the Check Out Desk 30 minutes prior to closing.
To see a list of anatomy models, follow the steps below:
- On the left of the library homepage, click on Services > Course Reserves > Course Reserves-Students>Search Reserves.
- Click on the Advanced Search link next to the Search button
- From the first dropdown menu, select Course name, Course instructor, Course ID, or Course department. Then enter the course information in the next search box. Click on Search
- All the reserved materials for the course will be listed. You may click on Details link to see the full description of the item or click on Get It link to see the checkout status
The KSU Library System does not have keys to or photos or descriptions of the anatomy models.
We also have virtual anatomy models available through the library databases! Using Visible Body, you can zoom in on, rotate, and even dissect the virtual models. If the model you need is checked out, try using the database Visible Body instead:
- From the library homepage, click "Find a Database."
- Click "V" in the alphabetical menu, then find Visible Body in the list of databases.
- Open the Visible Body link.
- Click the link for "Human Anatomy Atlas," then click "Launch Human Anatomy Atlas."
Please note that Visible Body is only available for use on campus at this time.
For more information
For more help, call or visit one of our Check Out Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw (Ground Floor): 470-578-6202
Johnson Library at Marietta (First Floor): 470-578-7276
Last UpdatedOct 22, 2018
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)