Q: How do I join the Friends of the Library?
Friends of the Library
The KSU Friends of the Library supports the KSU Library System, and serves to strengthen the library's services and collection by coordinating different parts of the University community. They also sponsor our biannual book sales at both the Sturgis Library on the Kennesaw campus and the Johnson Library on the Marietta campus, and provide office supplies at each campus locations, provide coffee, tea, and snacks during finals for students, and support special events for students such as author visits.
Who May Join
Anyone 18 years of age or older can join the Friends of the Library. To gain borrowing privileges, you must also be a Georgia resident. Membership forms can be obtained at a Library Check Out Desk during library hours (library hours vary due to holidays and the University calendar).
Membership Types/Fees are as follows:
- Students/Faculty/Staff (Annual) $10
- KSU Alumni (Annual) $25
- Community (Annual) $35
- Corporate (Annual) $150
- Lifetime $100
Anyone may browse the library's book collection, but in order to check out materials you must become a Friend of the Library.
A Friend of the Library will receive a Special Borrower’s card upon completion of membership application and payment. The card is nontransferable and must be accompanied by a picture ID to check out books.
- A Friend of the Library may check out up to three (3) books at a time.
- A Friend of the Library’s normal check out period is two (2) weeks, although this may be shorter if the expiration date of the membership falls within that time.
- Any borrower who fails to return a book by the due date will be fined $0.50 per day per item.
- A Friend of the Library may renew a book once (1) as long as there is no hold on the book. This renewal can be done by calling the Check Out Desk (Kennesaw: 470-578-6202; Marietta: 470-578-7276) or by visiting the library.
- Any borrower who loses an item is responsible for reimbursing the Library for the replacement cost and the processing fee.
- Any borrower is responsible for the proper care of items that have been checked out. The cost of repair or replacement of damaged items will be billed to the borrower.
- Rules and regulations of the Kennesaw State University Library System/Kennesaw State University are to be followed. Failure to do so may result in the suspension of patron borrowing privileges.
For more information
For more help, call or visit one of our Check Out Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw (Ground Floor): 470-578-6202
Johnson Library at Marietta (First Floor): 470-578-7276