Q: Do I need a KSU student ID to use the library?
You do not need a KSU student ID to come into the library. Guests and community members are welcome to visit both Johnson and Sturgis libraries.
For current students, staff, and faculty, your KSU ID is your library card.
KSU retirees can check out books as part of the KSU Retirees Association.
KSU alumni and anyone who lives in the KSU area can join the Friends of the Library to get a Special Borrower's card that will allow you to check out books.
See our "Community Library Access" FAQ for more information about library resources available to guests.
You do need a valid KSU ID to do the following:
- Check out books at the check out desk or using the self check machine
- Check out laptops
- Check out anatomy models
- Reserve a collaborative technology room
- Check out a GIL book at another USG school
- Print (you can also use a guest card to print)
- Check out headphones
- Use libraries at private schools in the Atlanta area (you will need to visit the check out desk at one of the KSU libraries to get your ARCHE card first)
For more information about your KSU ID card, contact the Talon One Service Center.
For more information
For more help, call or visit one of our Check Out Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw (Ground Floor): 470-578-6202
Johnson Library at Marietta (First Floor): 470-578-7276
Last UpdatedOct 11, 2019
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)