Q: Does the library have any databases with videos or movies?
You can find videos included in SuperSearch on our homepage! Simply put in your search keywords, and SuperSearch will search transcripts of videos. If there is a match, a Video Recording icon will appear next to the resource. You can also limit by source type buy using the limiters on the left side of the page, choosing videos. Unfortunately, we don't usually have many popular movies -- no Marvel movies!
The library offers several databases geared toward videos that are more academic in nature. You can find all of these in alphabetical order under the Find a Database under the SuperSearch box on the library homepage. This is only a small selection. A larger list can be found in the Databases by Subject & Type list (choose Multimedia) under the SuperSearch box.
Alexander Street Press
This database contains content that is carefully curated by expert editors around specific subjects and disciplines, sourced from producers and archives around the globe. It contains more than 80 collections with sheet music, audio tracks, and images, as well as videos.
Foreign Language Films
We have access to a small number of foreign-language films through the database Films on Demand. You can get to them by following these steps:
- On the Library Homepage, click "Find a Database" below the SuperSearch bar.
- On the list of databases, click "F" to find Films on Demand.
- On the Films on Demand homepage, hover your mouse over the "Menu" icon in the top-left corner.
- Click "Browse Videos."
- On the Browse Videos page, you can browse videos by their subject. Scroll to the very bottom of the page to find the "World Languages" category.
- Click the language you are looking for to browse all the videos in that language. You can narrow down your results using the filters on the right side of the search results page if necessary.
The KSU Library System only has a few audiovisual materials, but the Foreign Language Resource Center has a large selection of foreign language DVDs. Use the links below to learn more about the FLRC.
For more information
For more help, email the Research and Instructional Services department, or call or visit one of our Research Help Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw: Ground Floor, Room G-16, 470-578-6325
Johnson Library at Marietta: First Floor, Room C-125, 470-578-7471
Last UpdatedOct 24, 2019
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)