Q: How do I find a company's market share?
- The best source for market share information is the database IBISWorld. This database has detailed information and market research reports about most industries worldwide.
- Another good source is a print reference book called the Market Share Reporter. It is available in the Reference section on the third floor of the library — call number is HF5410.M35. This source has market share information for many products and companies, often ones not found easily in other places.
- The database Business Source Complete has many Market Research Reports that will contain market share information for many industries.
- Industry reports will also often give the market shares of the largest companies in that industry. See the FAQ on Industry Information to find them.
- Another way to find market share is to search for articles in some of our business database like ABI Inform. Use terms like "[company name]" and "market share" in quotation marks in the search box. Example: "Home Depot" and "market share"
For more information
For more help, email the Research and Instructional Services department, or call or visit:
Kennesaw: Sturgis Library Checkout Desk (Ground floor) 470-578-6202
Marietta: Johnson Library Checkout Desk (1st floor) 470-578-7276
Last UpdatedJan 03, 2020