Q: How do I embed film from Alexander Street Press Video into my D2L course?
Alexander Street Press Video is a library database containing videos from a variety of disciplines that may be embedded in D2L using a new integration feature.
To embed a video from this database into D2L, follow these instructions:
- Log into D2L.
- Select the course (in the My Courses box) and select the course module (in the Content Browser box) in which you wish to add the video.
- Click on the Content tab near the top of the page. Open the Upload/Create menu and select Create a File. You may also add a video to an existing file.
- Within the file, select the Insert Stuff menu, which has a play button icon.
- Select Alexander Street Press Video.
- From there, type in search terms to locate a video. You can search by a video’s title or use a keyword.
- When search results appear, it is important to deselect the Include sample videos option so that only full videos to which the library has access are included.
- Once you select a video, you will have the option to embed a link, medium size video, or large size video. Select your preferred option.
- A preview of your link or embedded video will appear next. If you are satisfied with the preview, select insert to embed the content into your file.
For more information
For more help, email the Research and Instructional Services department, or call or visit one of our Research Help Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw: Ground Floor, Room G-16, 470-578-6325
Johnson Library at Marietta: First Floor, Room C-125, 470-578-7471
Last UpdatedFeb 25, 2021
Research Help - Summer 2021