Q: How do I export PubMed citations to RefWorks?
Follow the steps below to export PubMed Central (PMC) citations to RefWorks:
- Type the search term(s) in the search box using PMC and the search result page will be displayed
- Click the check box from the result list to select the article(s) or click the link of the article you wish to export to RefWorks
- From the “Send to” drop-down menu on the top right corner of the page, select “File”
- After "File" is checked, you will need to select MEDLINE under the “Format” drop-down menu and click on “Create File”
- The file will be downloaded as a text file and opened using Notepad or a similar program
- Login to RefWorks
- Select “References” from the top menu, then “Import” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Import filter/Data Source" drop-down menu and select “NLM PubMed”
- Click on “From Text”, then copy and paste the information from Notepad into the box. Click on “Import” to create the citation.
- A message indicating that “Import completed” will appear and your records should be in the last imported folder.
Last UpdatedJul 19, 2017
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)