Q: Can I checkout my textbook from the library?
In general, we do not have textbooks available for each of the courses offered at KSU. Sometimes, your professor will put materials on reserve for you to use throughout the semester. These materials may be checked out for a limited period of time.
Sometimes, we do have older editions of textbooks in our collection. You can see if we have an older version of your textbook by searching the library catalog. If we don't have the textbook, you can try looking for it at another USG school by searching GIL Express.
If you try to get a textbook from another school, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- You cannot request textbooks through interlibrary loan. ILL requests for textbooks may be canceled.
- Although you can request textbooks through GIL Express, you may not be able to keep the book for the whole semester. GIL Express books can be checked out for 28 days and renewed up to two times. They can also be recalled by the library that owns them.
For more information on reserve materials, visit or call the Check Out Desk at either Sturgis or Johnson Library:
- Sturgis Library Check Out Desk: 470-578-6202
- Johnson Library Check Out Desk: 470-578-7276
If you need help finding a book that you think is on reserve, you can also contact the Research Help Desks at the numbers below:
- Sturgis Library Research Help: 470-578-6325
- Johnson Library Research Help: 470-578-7276
For more information
For more help, call or visit one of our Check Out Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw (Ground Floor): 470-578-6202
Johnson Library at Marietta (First Floor): 470-578-7276
Last UpdatedJun 15, 2020
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)