Q: How do I request books through GIL Express?
- On the library homepage, click "Useful Links" on the left side of the page, then open GIL Express.
- Log into your Library Account.
- Click "Advanced Search." Choose "University System of Georgia" from the "Search Scope" menu. Enter your search term(s) in the search box and press "Search."
- A list of items matching your search will be displayed. Items that are currently available through the KSU Libraries will say "Available at" in green, and have their location. Items that say "Check Holdings and other locations" will need to be ordered through GIL Express.
- If you need to order a book through GIL Express, click "Check holdings and other locations."
- All the USG schools that own the book will be listed. Select the institution closest to the library where you want to pick up the book. Then click on the Request link to proceed.
- If the book is part of a multi-volume set, select the volume you'd like to request by clicking Request link under Options then submit your request. If you need more than one volume from the set, repeat the same steps.
- On the next screen select your pick up institution and library. You can pick your books up at any USG library. To pick the book up at a KSU Library:
The only required fields are Pickup Institution and Pickup Library. You can skip:
- Make sure Kennesaw State University is selected in the "Pickup Institution" menu. This is your default library.
- Choose either Johnson or Sturgis Library for your "Pickup Library."
- Material Type
- Not Needed After
- Last, click on Request.You will receive an email at your KSU email address when your book is ready to be picked up. You can view GIL Express requests in your library account. When your book is ready to be picked up, bring your KSU ID to the Check Out Desk to get it.
If you have difficulties making the request, please call the Research Help desk at 470-578-6325. For more information about GIL Express click here.
For more help
For more help, email the ILL Office or call 470-578-6002 with any questions.
Last UpdatedMay 23, 2019
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)