Q: How do I renew my books online?
These instructions work for both KSU books and books recieved through GIL Express. For instructions on renewing ILL books click here.
- On the library webpage use the Useful Links on the left side. Select Library Account.
- Choose either "Faculty & Students" or "KSU Community Borrowers."
- KSU students, faculty, and staff can log in using their NetID and password.
- KSU Community Borrowers should log in using their primary ID number or barcode as their NetID. For more instructions on logging in as a community borrower, click here.
- When you have signed in, you should go straight to your library account page. If you didn't go to your library account page:
- Click your name in the upper-right corner.
- Click "My Library Account" in the top menu bar.
- On your library account page, click "Loans" underneath "My Library Account."
- Click "Renew" to renew books individually. If you have more than one book checked out, you can also renew all your books at once by clicking "Renew All."
- To renew GIL Express books, choose the USG school that owns the the book from the drop-down menu next to "My Library Account," then follow steps 4 and 5.
Please note that your loans and requests are listed under the school that owns the book. If you do not see the book(s) that you have checked out, check the list of schools on the left side of the page.
- Review your new due dates.
Books cannot be renewed if:
- KSU books have been previously renewed four (4) times. GIL books have been previously renewed two (2) times.
- Books are already OVERDUE. Books must be renewed on or before their due date.
- Your record is blocked due to outstanding fines or other obligations.
- Books are on hold for another patron.
- The end of the semester expiration date has been reached.
- You are a KSU faculty member trying to renew KSU books.
In these cases, please either go to the Sturgis Check Out Desk (Ground Floor) in the Sturgis Library or contact the desk by telephone at 470-578-6202. Or go to the Johnson Check Out Desk (First Floor) in the Johnson Library or contact the desk by telephone at 470-578-7276.
For more information
For more help, call or visit one of our Check Out Desks:
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw (Ground Floor): 470-578-6202
Johnson Library at Marietta (First Floor): 470-578-7276
Last UpdatedAug 24, 2018
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)