Q: Can I renew my Interlibrary Loan (ILL) book?
You can request a renewal for your ILL books, but it is up to the owning library to grant the renewal.
There is a 7 day window (3 days before your due date through 3 days after your due date) when you may request a renewal. Any item with "NO RENEWAL" printed on the cover label is NOT available for renewal.
Follow the directions below to request a renewal for an ILL book:
- Log into your ILLiad account.
- Click "Checked Out Items" under the "View" menu on the left side of the screen.
- Choose the item you want to renew by clicking the "Transaction Number" in the first column.
- Click "Renew Request" above the "Transaction Information" box.
- If it is outside of the 7 day window, there will not be a link.
- If you are within the 7 day window and there is no link, contact the ILL office at 470-578-6002 for help.
- Your due date will automatically update, however your item has NOT been renewed until you receive an email from the ILL Office confirming the renewal.
- After the ILL Office has heard back from the lending library, you will receive an email either confirming or denying your renewal.
An extension of your lending period is not guaranteed and is at the discretion of the lending institution.
If you have any questions, please contact the ILL Office at 470-578-6002. You can also stop by the Check Out Desk at either Johnson Library in Marietta or Sturgis Library in Kennesaw.
For more help
For more help, email the ILL Office or call 470-578-6002 with any questions.
Last UpdatedNov 14, 2019
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)