Q: How do I print from the computers in the library?
Printer / Copier Locations
Sturgis Library at Kennesaw Campus
There are currently eight copiers/printers in the Sturgis Library:
- Four on the ground floor in the Learning Commons
- Two on the first floor
- One on the second floor on the south side near the restrooms
- One on the third floor on the north side near the microfilm cabinets in the Graduate Library
Johnson Library at Marietta Campus
There are two copiers/printers in the Hive Computer Lab on the main floor next to the circular stairs.
K-Cash Funds Needed
The printers do not accept cash for printing. In order to print or copy anything, you must add K-Cash to your KSU account or Guest Card. Once you print your document, you can release your job at any printer/copier on campus. Directions for printing are below.
How to Print
To print, follow these directions:
- Log in to one of the public computers at the library using your NetID and password.
- Once you are ready to print, select Student-Print-BW for black and white print jobs or Student-Print-Color for color print jobs. (See "Printing Costs" below.)
- Go to any Ricoh copier/printer. If you are printing black and white, you can use any machine. If you are printing color, you must use a color machine.
- Tap your KSU ID card on the SmartCard Reader. You must have a KSU ID card to print or copy on any Ricoh machine. If you are a guest and need a guest card, please click here. Select the print job(s) you wish to print.
- Press the [Print] button after selecting your print job(s).
- Remove your printed document from tray.
- Tap your KSU ID Card on the SmartCard Reader again to log out.
If you have any problems, please see the Check Out Desk or Help Desk for assistance.
Printing Wirelessly from your Laptop and/or Mobile Device
If you are not a KSU student, staff, or faculty member, you may purchase a guest print card to use. Guest print cards cost $2.00, and can be purchased at any K-Cash machine on campus. You then need to add additional money to the card to be able to print, using the directions below. Once you have your guest card, follow the directions for printing with a guest card.
Printing and copying at both libraries costs 10 cents a page for black & white and 50 cents a page for color, using money added to your KSU ID card. You can add money at any K-Cash machine on campus, or through the web at K-Cash Manager.
K-Cash machines can take bills in any denomination, but they cannot accept change. There is a $10.00 minimum for credit/debit cards at the K-Cash machine or using the K-Cash Manager. K-Cash machines accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards.
There are K-Cash machines in both libraries. At Sturgis Library, the K-Cash machine is located in the Information Commons next to the middle computer across from the Research Help Desk. At Johnson Library, the K-Cash machine is located in the Hive near the Writing Center.
Any pages or documents you send to the printer will stay in the queue for two hours. For those two hours, the documents are available from any Ricoh network printer on campus. After two hours, all the print jobs are deleted from the queue.
Last UpdatedJul 16, 2019
Ground Floor Library, G16 (Kennesaw)
First Floor Library, C125 (Marietta)